|Job Description||Performance Strategy Manager
The Performance Strategy Manager (PSM) will manage digital advertising campaigns, consult with international brands and ad agencies, and support Exponential’s sales strategy. In a typical week, you might travel to meet with Fortune 500 companies, analyze data and develop campaign strategies to increase sales, and work with our sales team to determine which of our products to sell to meet our client’s challenges. We’re a team of ten professionals with backgrounds ranging from Journalism to Finance, and we’re proud of our “startup culture” despite being a multinational company. We hire all backgrounds, but we require strong analytical and quantitative skills. Just bring an interesting perspective, and an interest in business strategy, problem solving and client-facing communication. You don’t have to know digital advertising to be hired. None of our team members came from this industry.
You’ll be joining Exponential at an exciting time, as we transition from a pure-play advertising platform, to a vertically-oriented consultative company offering business solutions and executing digital campaigns.
• Management and oversight of ~$10MM in revenue
• Management of our Tier 1 and Tier 2 (largest) clients and campaigns
• Develop expertise in one of our top verticals: Auto, Retail, Food & Bev, Travel, etc.
• Develop expertise in marketing and digital advertising, especially Display, Video, Mobile, and OTT/CTV.
• Identification of macro risks/opportunities to our business
• Meet with strategic clients, and national ad agencies, to consult on digital advertising, business challenges, and revenue growth
• About 10% travel expected. Roughly 1 – 2 trips per quarter, with potential to increase
• Collaborate with sales teams to develop solutions and sales strategy
• Collaborate with sales teams by selecting, recommending, and pricing products
• Work closely with senior leaders and executives to inform company strategy
• Bachelor’s degree. Any majors or backgrounds welcome, but most PSMs have quantitative backgrounds and experience.
• Many PSMs have an MBA or other Masters degree, but it is not required.
• Common majors include engineering, economics, math, and finance. We value different perspectives and have hired journalists, professional poker players, consultants, etc.
• Minimum of three years relevant experience in an analytical or consultative role
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Solutions-oriented temperament and the ability to stay positive in a fast-paced environment
• The ability to thrive in a culture where hard work and a laid-back, family environment go hand in hand
• Negotiation skills
• Mid-level Excel skills—pivot tables yes, VBA no
• Strong desire to solve complex quantitative problems