|Job Description||VDX.tv engineers develop the next-generation products powering a scalable ad tech platform which enables advertisers across the globe to reach out to their consumers and deliver effective, engaging advertising. At exponential we follow a hybrid cloud strategy for our infrastructure and systems which helps us pick the best platforms and solutions across private and public cloud offerings. As part of the hybrid cloud infrastructure team which provisions and manages the infrastructure for all the engineering teams at Exponential, we are looking for looking for system administrators who are driven to solve challenges of setting up and maintaining a hybrid cloud infrastructure on the principles of infrastructure as code.
• Responsible and accountable for the smooth operation of our Compute and Storage infrastructure within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines.
• Ensure maximum uptime for global systems infrastructure across multiple data centers.
• Automating processes and building tools to improve operational efficiency.
• Assess vendors and develop test strategies for new hardware and software.
• Contribute to the technical roadmap of the platform.
• Represents team in cross functional meetings.
• Facilitates Root Cause Analysis sessions.
• Ensures completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support system performance. Keeps informed of new technology.
• Follow, execute and regularly improve change management and deployment procedures.
• Contribute and oversee the operations and maintenance of IT infrastructure, including virtualization environment, storage, file, multiplatform servers, security and network infrastructure, backup and archival systems and disaster recovery.
• Design, implement and manage Cloud and Managed Hosting infrastructure.
• Advanced knowledge of: OSs and distributions, patching, RAID, security, web servers, cluster management, high availability, systems optimization, auth/directory services, backups, caching, SSL certificates, storage, packet analysis, DNS , HTTP, FTP, SNMP, SSH.
• Expert knowledge of compute hardware architecture, virtualization, firewalls, load balancing, troubleshooting, stack trace analysis, monitoring, methodologies of design and implementation.
• Solid experience with linux, solaris operating systems and day to day upkeep.
• Experience with scripting in one or more of the following languages : Bash, Perl, Python.
• Understands architectural principles (e.g. high availability, security, business continuity, etc).
• Expert in Virtualization technologies such as Openstack, VMWare etc.
• Experience with setting up compute and storage infrastructure from scratch across private and public cloud.
• Working knowledge of Ansible, Terraform.
• Working knowledge of graphing, observability and notifications systems such as Graphite, Grafana, Cabot, Pagerduty etc.
• Passion for good documentation and open communication.
• Self-organized and able to work as a team or alone.
• Familiar with DevOps, CI/CD and Infrastructure as code paradigms.
• Experience with setting and managing CDN services/providers.
• Experience with networking setup and troubleshooting.
• At least 8 years of professional hands on experience in setting up and maintaining compute and storage infrastructure.