|Job Description||Short Summary :
The Cloud Operation Engineer is responsible for Operation and development of scripts,
programs and APIs for automating virtual and physical data-center/cloud infrastructures
(public/Private). The role requires a strong skill set that includes both software engineering and
cloud infrastructure domains. Technical knowledge is required of all areas related to cloud
infrastructure, including automation frameworks, operating systems, virtualization, network,
security, and storage. The incumbent is a key member of a team that is responsible for
streamlining infrastructure solutions and application lifecycle management. The Engineer works
closely with Cloud Automation Engineer, Architects and SMEs to ensure appropriate standards
and architectural decisions are implemented. This is an opportunity to work with a dynamic and
fast-growing Digital advertising firm that has a global footprint.
- Provide 24x7 support for Production systems and services.
- Deploy and manage Private Cloud infrastructures/OpenStack/VMware VRA.
- Support Public Cloud Google and AWS infrastructure.
- Deploy application using K8s & Docker container/Registry.
- Measure application and system performance, and implementing monitoring/alerts
- Develop Custom tools and automation to reduce cycle time and increase accuracy.
- Ensure comprehensive data protection per established requirements
- Provide on-call support as the primary point of contact for service availability/support
- Integrate cloud infrastructure with external systems.
- Support CI/CD tools like Rundeck, Ansible/Salt, Jenkins, Stash & Packer.
- Identify improvements, develop infrastructure services and automate manual work.
- Programming in C, Python, Perl and VB and building required automation and tools on an ad-hoc
- Learning on the job and explore new technologies with little supervision.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 8 to 10 years of experience managing mission-critical online services and monitoring of critical
processes and functionality.
- Certification in AWS public Cloud.
- Hands on experience with OpenStack IaaS environment is very highly desirable.
- Strong in programming language C or C++, Python & Perl languages.
- Strong in the container like Docker and Solaris Zones.
- Expertise developing integrations using product APIs via SOAP and REST with manipulation of
language-independent data formats such as XML and JSON.
- Operations tools hands-on experience (not just using but administering Linux servers and
contributing to implementing/enhancing tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet, or SaltStack)
- Hands-on experience in a Linux environment, including Systems Administration, Scripting
(Perl/BASH/Python) and supporting Internet Services such as HTTP (Tomcat)
- Strong familiarity with virtualization platforms such as KVM / VMware / Xen
- Strong familiarity with storage such as Netapp CDOT.
- Experience in deployment and use of both SNMP-based (OpenNMS, etc.) and agent-based
(Nagios/Icinga/Graphite) alerting/monitoring tools.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing, Web App services, and production SaaS experience a plus
- Creative problem-solver, capable of self-direction
- Solid experience with Google Kubernetes/Docker Swarm/Container (Docker)
- Candidate must have extensive hands-on experience if technologies such as CloudFoundry,
Kubernetes, Mesos, Cloudify etc.