Senior Cloud Software Engineer, ITOps/Cloud Engineering
Bangalore, India or Noida, India
Short Summary of the Role:
We are looking for an expert software engineer with deep experience in distributed cloud
computing and an interest in applying this knowledge to the production pipeline, building tools
for the next generation of post-production tools in the cloud.
The Senior Cloud Software Engineer is responsible for Operation and Development of scripts,
programs and APIs for automating virtual and physical data-center/cloud infrastructures
(public/Private). The role requires a strong skill set that includes both software engineering and
cloud infrastructure domains. The incumbent is a key member of a team that is responsible for
streamlining infrastructure solutions and application lifecycle management. The Engineer works
closely with DevOps, Cloud Automation Engineer, Architects and SMEs to ensure appropriate
standards and architectural decisions are implemented. This is an opportunity to work with a
dynamic and fast growing Digital advertising firm that has a global footprint.
Required Skills and Experience: -
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science Engineering or equivalent experience
• 8 years of experience managing mission-critical online services and monitoring of critical
processes and functionality
• Strong in programming language C & data structures.
• Knowledge of advanced level programming in C including thread synchronization
• Working knowledge of device drivers
• Working knowledge of Clang/GCC
• Working knowledge of writing make files.
• Working knowledge of memory leak detection tools like MTrace, Valgrind
• Working Knowledge of analyzing Linux core dump
• Working Knowledge of C code profiling tools like callgrind
• Working knowledge of AddressSanitizer, ThreadSanitizer, MemorySanitizer.
• Experience with *nix platform (Linux preferred)
• Experience as a Senior Software Engineer on a complex distributed systems project.
• Experience with Cloud Computing platforms: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google
App Engine or similar.
• Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases.
Good to have Skills: -
• Knowledge of packet dump analysis with wireshark, tcpdump, snoop
• Knowledge of Cmake
• Knowledge of NFS v4/v3.
• Working experience of OpenStack & Docker.
• Scripting – Python or Bash or Perl