|Job Description||Job Title - Lead Engineer, IT Cloud
VDX.tv's engineers develop the next-generation products powering a scalable ad
tech platform which enables advertisers across the globe to reach out to their
consumers and deliver effective, engaging advertising. At Exponential we follow a hybrid
cloud strategy for our infrastructure and systems which helps us pick the best platforms
and solutions across private and public cloud offerings. As part of the hybrid cloud
infrastructure team which provisions and manages the infrastructure for all the
engineering teams at Exponential, we are looking for looking for a lead engineer who is
driven to solve challenges of setting up and maintaining a hybrid cloud infrastructure on
the principles of infrastructure as code.
Reporting To VP Engineering
• Responsible and accountable for the smooth operation of our Compute and
• Ensure maximum uptime for global systems infrastructure across multiple data
• Manage the day-to-day operations of various compute environments, including
accompanying supporting infrastructure
• Automating processes and building tools to improve operational efficiency.
• Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts, and
testing procedures to ensure operational reliability, particularly in private cloud
• Ensures completeness and compatibility of the technical infrastructure to support
• Follow change management and deployment procedures.
• Unix and Linux system administration.
• Perform troubleshooting, leading problem-solving efforts often involving outside
vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
• Establish guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the
host computer operating systems, storage arrays, and other components.
• Manage Cloud and Managed Hosting infrastructure.
• Operational experience in public and private clouds (AWS, GCP, Azure, K8s,
• Basic understanding of network topologies and protocols.
• Working knowledge of OSs and distributions, patching, RAID, security, web
servers, cluster management, high availability, auth/directory services, backups,
caching, SSL certificates, storage, DNS , HTTP, FTP, SNMP, SSH.
• Expert knowledge of compute hardware architecture, virtualization, firewalls,
stack trace analysis and monitoring.
• Solid experience with unix, and linux systems and day to day upkeep.
• Strong scripting/programming skills in one or more of the following languages :
Bash, Perl, Python.
• Expert in Virtualization technologies such as Openstack, VMWare etc.
• Experience with setting up compute and storage infrastructure from scratch
across private and public cloud.
• Perform maintenance tasks around systems monitoring, availability of all
hardware, server resources, application logs, and managing backups/snapshots.
• Passion for good documentation and open communication.
• Self-organized and able to work as a team or alone.
• Experience with networking setup and troubleshooting.
• Experience with Microsoft Active Directory administration.
• An intermediate to advanced knowledge of TCP/IP networking, as it relates to
• Working knowledge of Ansible, Terraform.
• Experience building automated tools around public & private clouds
At least 5 years of professional hands on experience in setting up and maintaining
compute and storage infrastructure.